Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new SPV assembly shipped from Chris at Enduro Fork seals recently and the pressure change during air shipping has compromised the air charge in the SPV valve. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? The blue metal part (the SPV valve) does not spring back as it is. Chris already relubed the assembly, I just need to replenish the small air charge in the SPV valve.

Thanks!

·
Make some music
740 Posts
Oh boy..

I can't make any promises here, but....

This valve is lightly but appropriately greased with a special grease.. Something called "wacker grease" or something and does not break down or mix with fork oil as I understand it. Anyway, call Chris first...

You can also take apart the valve by pushing the silver part out with a pen. I would suggest having sano hands or latex gloves on. Don't disturb the grease with your fingers and simply put it back together. The valve will be the way it needs to be. I know, not a very technical explaination. Don't mess with it when it's assembled, it is better if it is moved by uniform pressure like the fluid that surrounds it when the fork is assembled.

Inside this blue cylinder is two x-ring (like o-rings) seals. The grease and the seals keep a small amount of air in it and results in a spring like action. I suggest you don't move it around with your hands....

I've serviced this valve with success. If you put the fork together and get a clunking sound down the line you'll have more to do.

Best of luck..

Do a search and wade through the results.. Call Chris...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.