Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what BB inserts are included? I'm interested in getting one and now thinking the option to switch it to gears would be pretty cool. is the only SS BB option to run a standard threaded BB? thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't see why not, With Bottom Bracket Shell Width: 68 mm / 73 mm,on the fifteen G ss Cranks. The prototype Tang Single Speed from Interbike had RaceFace Deus Single-Speed Crankset with Bottom Bracket Shell Width: 68 - 73 mm. David Hall is running TruVativ Stylo OCT 3.3 Crankset set-up as single speed.
Hope this helps,

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
Mike, before you give the thumbs up on the FifteenG cranks, note that they use an oversize spindle that also makes the cups oversized. I ended up getting an MCR 9 instead of an SIR 9 because I was told that the FifteenG cups wouldn't fit with the SIR EBB.

I suggest you contact The Hive about getting a set of the cups to verify that they will fit correctly with the EBB.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2TurnersNotEnough said:
Mike, before you give the thumbs up on the FifteenG cranks, note that they use an oversize spindle that also makes the cups oversized. I ended up getting an MCR 9 instead of an SIR 9 because I was told that the FifteenG cups wouldn't fit with the SIR EBB.

I suggest you contact The Hive about getting a set of the cups to verify that they will fit correctly with the EBB.
I will contact them on Monday.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hey guys,

Just to clear up a couple of things here: the BIO CENTRIC EBB is only available in a standard threaded version. If those cranks work on standard bottom bracket threading, then they will work on the Bio-Centric. Looking at the Hive website, it looks like the BB cups are a standard BB threading so they should work great.

All of the other inserts for BB30, BB90, etc. are for running gears only and the axis for the inserts is 'on center' with the bottom bracket shell to align the front derailleur in the best possible position.

I hope this helps.

Steve
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is there a thread I missed for posted weights on the inserts ? Just guessing but I would think about 200 or so grams per insert per frame. So i would guess real frame weight in at about (medium) about 2.88+.44 = 3.2 lbs. Not too bad for insert flexibility and an ULTRA stiff and shock absorbing frame. Now, if they can come up with carbon inserts. :D
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.