Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BikerBrewer...
You're originally from Canton? My wife and I lived in Dalton and we worked in Wooster, right down route 30.

-Mike

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Ohio Mike said:
Yes, I was the guy with the bloody knee and elbow.
I was on that Hawes ride too. I also saw you guys the day before at South Mountain. My friend from California was riding with me and you two were waiting for him to come up a little climb when he went OTB (on an uphill :eekster: ). Anyways, welcome to AZ. Post up if you guys ever wanna ride. ~ Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I too have moved to Ahwatukee from Austin recently and like it pretty much....although it is a bit sterile and the chains have worn me down. While not bike related, anyone have some good recs on eating establishments that are not in the applebees/outback/hooters/on the border/blah blah blah category? Much appreciated.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
Havana Cafe

jtotheosh said:
Well I too have moved to Ahwatukee from Austin recently and like it pretty much....although it is a bit sterile and the chains have worn me down. While not bike related, anyone have some good recs on eating establishments that are not in the applebees/outback/hooters/on the border/blah blah blah category? Much appreciated.
If you like mexican food, this place is pretty good - Havana Cafe
http://www.havanacafe-az.com/

Its cuban food, on Chandler Blvd. and 32nd-ish street.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sakana!

jtotheosh said:
Sakana sushi on 51st and Elliot rocks. Also, check out the Heart Attack Grill at Warner and Kyrene for eye candy. French fries cooked in lard. Mmmm....

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
jtotheosh said:
Welcome to Ahwatukee! On the SW corner of Elliot and 52nd St are two restuarants to try - Cafe Boa for Italian, and if you are into Japanese then go to the Sushi place next door (can't recall the name). One of my favorites is ZTejas on the south side of Ray just east of I-10, but it is sorta chain-like so you may not like it (there is also a ZTejas in Tempe that has a bit more character but same good food and great margaritas). For quick cheap burritos (try their breakfast burritos or go for the Arizona burrito), go to Las Taquitas just west of the Safeway store in the shopping center at the SW corner of Elliot and 48th St. This is favorite stop for chowing down after a SoMo ride.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
waltaz said:
Nope, that was SoCal Jim (aka, cycljunkie) that you saw on both Sat. and Sun.

Dirdir has not been riding - he is coming to terms with his sexuality...:eekster:
People just assume they have seen me because I am an mtbr rock star, baby. Deal with it Walto.:yikes:

PS: I would like to be known as "T-Bone" from now on.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts