Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about 4 months ago I sold my Turner 5 Spot because... well... just because... I ended up buying a Yeti 575. I gave the 575 a fair shot, but in the end...... HATED it! Ended up buying a Moto-Lite. On my first ride I was expecting the usual stop every few miles to adjust/dial things... Not the case! I got on the ML and just rode it! The 575 made so much noise, it felt like it was going to fall apart. My ML felt solid and instilled mucho confidence. What an awesome bike! I'm running it in 5" mode: XT/SRAM drive train, Fox Float 130RLC, Hayes, DT Swiss 240 wheels... It was like the whole 575 departure was a bad night of drinking and I'm finally done with the hang over. SINGING: I can see clearly now the rain has gone... The ML climbs and descends beautifully! Glad to be on a Titus!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Cyclejunkie, glad to hear that. I to am a very happy ML rider.

Out of curiosity, how does the ML compare overall to the 5 Spot.

·
RHRF!
1,279 Posts
You Dog!

Is it a '05 or '06?

Either way, I was thinking we need to give that bike some proper break-in out at Pass Mtn...

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Well about 4 months ago I sold my Turner 5 Spot because... well... just because... I ended up buying a Yeti 575. I gave the 575 a fair shot, but in the end...... HATED it! Ended up buying a Moto-Lite. On my first ride I was expecting the usual stop every few miles to adjust/dial things... Not the case! I got on the ML and just rode it! The 575 made so much noise, it felt like it was going to fall apart. My ML felt solid and instilled mucho confidence. What an awesome bike! I'm running it in 5" mode: XT/SRAM drive train, Fox Float 130RLC, Hayes, DT Swiss 240 wheels... It was like the whole 575 departure was a bad night of drinking and I'm finally done with the hang over. SINGING: I can see clearly now the rain has gone... The ML climbs and descends beautifully! Glad to be on a Titus!!!
Chris is that you?

Kidding... thanks for this posting. I almost got a 5-Spot, and then thought hard about the 575. In the end, I went with the Titus Moto-lite because it had everything I was looking for. I didn't ride the other two and sometimes wonder if I made the right choice. Hearing other peoples' experiences helps with the cognitive dissonance.

Post pics and complete build when you get a chance.

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's just say that...

I ain't missin' my 5 Spot! Seriously though, the 5 Spot is a great bike. The ML meets or exceeds the 5 Spot in every aspect IMO. I like the large ML better than the large 5 Spot (the Spot felt just a little small for me @ 5'11" w/33" inseam).

Ski-U-Mah said:
Cyclejunkie, glad to hear that. I to am a very happy ML rider.

Out of curiosity, how does the ML compare overall to the 5 Spot.

·
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most Definitely!

titusbro said:
Is it a '05 or '06?

Either way, I was thinking we need to give that bike some proper break-in out at Pass Mtn...

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
I guess you REALLY ARE my titusbro now! :p

Mine is an '05 in Red. I picked it up over at SMC for $1275 (I didn't really shop around, impulse buy).

Here's my build:
Large ML frame w/RP3
2006 Fox Float 130RLC
King HS
Thomson 120x5 stem
Easton MonkeyLite XC bars
Hayes Mag + brakes
SRAM X-9 triggers
XT Crankset
XTR front der
SRAM X.0 rear der
Shimano 959 pedals
USE Alien carbon seat post
WTB Rocket Stealth Ti saddle
DT Swiss 240 hubs w/DT Swiss XR4.1d rims
Kenda/Michelin tires

·
Registered
509 Posts
cycljunkie said:
I ain't missin' my 5 Spot! Seriously though, the 5 Spot is a great bike. The ML meets or exceeds the 5 Spot in every aspect IMO. I like the large ML better than the large 5 Spot (the Spot felt just a little small for me @ 5'11" w/33" inseam).
Good to hear. The 5 Spot was the other bike I was considering.

I agree with you on the size large ML. I'm 5'11" and came off a medium Tracer which I always felt a bit cramped in the cockpit. The large ML feels just about perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts