Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
So the current sitting position is 5.5”!above clamp and 6” below clamp. 11.5” -> 292mm.

the best solution looks to be the 275/75 specialized mentioned earlier in the thread. All 75mm could be used.

2nd best is something like this KS eten external 330/75. You can use about 40mm travel between seating position and bottom out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
So the current sitting position is 5.5”!above clamp and 6” below clamp. 11.5” -> 292mm.

the best solution looks to be the 275/75 specialized mentioned earlier in the thread. All 75mm could be used.

2nd best is something like this KS eten external 330/75. You can use about 40mm travel between seating position and bottom out.
I think my thought process was to have half an inch for the internal routing. Specialized told me they had no posts to fit that bike which is why they never sold it with one. I can't find the one your talking about. From then do you have a link? seating position is about 5.25... its hard to see the tap i marked it with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Fall Line R in 275x75 is the only post I could find anywhere that was close to meeting these requirements. Close enough that it should absolutely be usable. It also maintains the longer 75mm stroke rather than being cut to just 55mm.
This one

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,981 Posts
Maybe this helps actually have 6" on the insert length. Was playing on last messurment.
To be sure with the insert length I would push the seat post down as far as it gets mark it at the seat post clamp pull it out and measure that.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts