Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Dang.

Love Ahearne's work. Sooo, Endo front, 29 rear? Fixed of course... That fork is ginormous!

·
Self-defeatist
965 Posts
Wow, the concept itself is inventive. Nice job. The total lack of brake bosses/tabs is really cool.

I don't think I have to weigh in on that fork. It speaks volumes.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
CLONG said:
Wow, the concept itself is inventive. Nice job. The total lack of brake bosses/tabs is really cool.

I don't think I have to weigh in on that fork. It speaks volumes.
There are tabs on the fork.

Nice looking work...are there sliders for the rear?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lil hillbilly said:
but will a Endo fit back their.

supper stuff.:thumbsup: how wide of a rim..63,80,100?

the way the nevgal mounts on a KH rim is pretty sweet! nice and flat.
so ya whats the parts list. come on man.
No way an Endo is going to fit. It was a cool idea, but not happening. If there's ever a real 29X2.5, I'll have no trouble with that. Probably jack the rear end up a bunch, though.
I'll stick with the good ol' Delgado cross since I already have a rear wheel. In the future, who knows. I like the idea of a wide rim, come to think of it.

Parts:
White Industries prototype splined rear hub, MI6 front
18t cog
Thomson stem and post
Salsa or Mary bar
Sugino XD cranks, Salsa 34t ring
Phil BB
Brake is undecided
I have a Wierwolf for the rear tire right now.
Man, fixies are simple. Very little to buy.

I'm waiting on the front hub and the cranks. As soon as I get the stuff, all I have to do is build the front wheel and I'm set. I've never built a Large Marge up before, but it should be straightforward enough.

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
something to think about

a Kris Holms rims has the same ERD as your Delgado. ya can do a rim swap w/ little expence ( cost of rim). its a noticable difference in the way the tire layes on the hoop. My Nevgal is all fat and flat. something to think about.

so did ya have this frame fabed to run the fattie full time? with a 29er in front will it be like a sus uncorrected fork?

have fun what ever the case may be!!:thumbsup:

·
I just passed you
181 Posts
Joseph...yeah!

Joseph is one of the nicest people I've come across. An absolute artist. Oh, and he delivers his frames on time. Why people bother to throw their money at builders who don't deliver, I'll never understand...

Fillet brazed baby!

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
My brother is a bike whore. He has gone through Santa Cruz, Stumpjumpers, Titus (Ti Motolite), Ventanas, a Turner Sultan and who knows what else.

The only bike he has kept and never even considered parting with is the bike that Joseph built for him. They are beautiful bikes in person.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joseph is definitely one of the nicest guys I've dealt with. He seems to really love riding, too, and he's always interested in talking bikes. Good for geeks like me.
I built the front wheel yesterday: no different than any other build since I'm using a 100mm front hub. With the new offset, the wheel is dished just slightly toward the drive side. The rim was pretty round, but there was some inconsistency to deal with around the seam; I left a slight hop in favor of more even tension. With a 3.7" tire, who cares.
QBP stuff arrives Thursday.

Attachments

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
Wow, I love everything about that frame; concept, color, and execution. Can’t wait to see the whole thing built up. One question, I see rack islets up high but not down low, what gives? Doesn’t seem an axle mounted reack would be the best for fixed in horizontals, am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts