Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats that time in your ride where you just want to jump off your bike and scream for the joy of being alive, or mount a boulder or tree and shred some air guitar? Im pumped to ride anyway, but there are some things that just put me over that edge of happiness and make me realize why this has become more than just a ride. What are yours? Ill throw one or two out there.
1) When you try that new line on a grisly section and nail it, upping your speed. Not only just going fast on that section, but knowing you have the technique/confidence/w.e to get it done. Once you get through that section, you let out a nice "w0000000t!" and this is just as satisfying.
2) That little pop off the ground as you rip through a berm, setting you up perfectly for the rest of the trail. Or when you catch air due to speed and land smooooth. Or getting in that manual or wheelie on that one flat part of single track.
3) When you are so into your ride, you completely forget about any other commitment you may have had. You forget what time it is, when dinner is going to be ready, and where you parked your car...just for a couple seconds of course...

Those are just off the top of my head, I know I can think of a ton more. Share yours!

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
I've only felt that kind of euphoria ON the bike once; the trail in the Kunali forest on the big Island had such incredible flow, it was just a joy to ride. I haven't ever experienced such a perfect piece of track before and I haven't since.

Now a lot of events as a whole that have to do with biking I get that feeling about--the feeling that not much else in life could be any better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.