Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, the plusses:
the wife wants to start mountain biking, so I threw the gears on the sofa king, and proved to myself that I`m still not too bad a wrench as I did the whole conversion and a test ride in just over an hour.

the minuses:
the 29er now has gears. the single speed knife of choice has been defloured. damn.

hmm. I wonder if titus can convert my 26er ss to 29? that doesn't sound cheap or possible. time to find a relativey cheap frame? ah, life has its dilemmas :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I can appreciate the wife wanting to ride. Very Cool!! But the SofaKing???? Are you nuts?? Put her on something that would handle a "dumb" crash a little better. Maybe the Dean??? Nothing visible like scratches on orange paint.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Do this....head to the path and buy a Karate Monkey/Voodoo/Kona/Soma....one of those affordable frames.

Throw your geary parts on their for the little lady....leave the King Single:)

If you want to borrow my Voodoo for her to try out....just say the word:)

B

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the advice, boys, but, andy- did you just call my wife "dumb"? :D

it did cross my mind. and it'd be something that would work a little better.

calling tani now...

edit: my bank account hates both of you guys, but there will be another 29er in the stable by the end of the weekend. thank goodness i've got the parts just lyin around...except shoes for the sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.