Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone able to point me in the direction of some suggested Aggie & surrounding trail routes. I rode Aggie proper my last trip up. Even blind it was great with a nice touch of brutal.

I had come across some good resources after the fact but don't seem to be able to retrace my steps. I know mtanemba has a map but thought I had come across better.

Thanks,
GG

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't have any of the info you require, but I thought I'd pop in and second your request. I've been to Aggie before, but only on the marked trails, which I guess isn't the good stuff.

I don't know if people hold back their "Secret Trail Stash" though, so...I don't know how useful this thread will become.

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
It’s just that there are no good maps and its pretty fricken impossible to give directions for out in the woods.

"aaaaaa... turn left at the rock intersection…. go over the tree stump…. rights at the old car… go past the cemetery… yada yada yada" ...pointless.

Shoot me a pm anytime for a tour guide or if you want to hook up with a group ride.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...pointless.
Agreed.... Just thought I had come across a better / broader map at one point. Gotta stop sniffing glue.

Well, I'm in the area from the 27th -29th. Not sure yet just when I'm free or with the family but will shoot you a pm when i know what's what.

Are there standing Saturday/Sunday rides?

Thanks for chiming in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Probably a little late with the response, but there are a couple of groups that ride pretty regularly on Sunday AM. One early, around 7:30 that tends toward the aggressive side (no drop left undone) and another that takes off about an hour later that usually puts in more mileage and is a bit more earthbound.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

I'm back in the area from 8/2-10. If *all falls into place, I'll look to connect with either group.

At the very least, plenty of time to explore and become more familiar.

* wife, 9 month old, in-laws and jetsam

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks pukemaster. I've come across those tho not the res topo. I'd like to explore that side. Still feel like I had come across a really good / recent map someone built out with their GPS.

Any chance you know if just beyond 3rd hill is where you plug into the power lines? I thought I'd be able to pick them up on Google Earth but no luck.

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
G.G. said:
Any chance you know if just beyond 3rd hill is where you plug into the power lines?
Ehhh.. those power lines are really crappy. Way overgrown, legs will get scratched to ****, lots of big muddy wet spots that require bush whacking around. Your cassette and derailleur will be jam packed with weeds. We do it once a year just for the torture. There is one nice little section at the end by Ogunquit road, but otherwise it really does suck. Anyway to get there…turn left at the rock intersection…. go over the tree stump…. rights at the old car… go past the cemetery…

powerline pics from last July- http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=314569

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.