Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mergs said:
anyone else riding tonight after work, in north jersey?

skyline drive is where i'll default to, unless someone else comes back with a reply.
I rode solo last night which is always wierd... :eek: but I found a new trail which was nice.

Gonna ride again tonight if anyone brought their bike to work. Same deal as above. Just tonight = 22 Jul now ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me and a few co-workers are riding tonight-- meeting at 6ish at the bottom of Bear Swamp Road on 202 in Oakland/Mahwah--- usually a 2 hour ride at a good pace--

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
maybe

mergs said:
I rode solo last night which is always wierd... :eek: but I found a new trail which was nice.

Gonna ride again tonight if anyone brought their bike to work. Same deal as above. Just tonight = 22 Jul now ;)
hey mergs. i did bring my bike to work today but i just got back from lunch and it is HOT out! i couldn't make it there before 5:45. i know you wanted to start a little earlier so don't worry about it if you would rather not wait for the phat guy. man, what a lazy afternoon. i think it's time for a nap. did i mention it's hot? ;)

phat

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
sorry..

phatbiker said:
hey mergs. i did bring my bike to work today but i just got back from lunch and it is HOT out! i couldn't make it there before 5:45. i know you wanted to start a little earlier so don't worry about it if you would rather not wait for the phat guy. man, what a lazy afternoon. i think it's time for a nap. did i mention it's hot? ;)

phat
hey mergs. sorry, i just got your voice mail. i wasn't sure if you were going to wait up for me so i didn't even try. i had to work a little late so i wouldn't have made it until about 6:15 anyway. hope you had a good ride.

phat

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phatbiker said:
hey mergs. sorry, i just got your voice mail. i wasn't sure if you were going to wait up for me so i didn't even try. i had to work a little late so i wouldn't have made it until about 6:15 anyway. hope you had a good ride.

phat
no worries phat... we waited until 6:15 and promptly left. we figured you had bailed or if you did show you'd be 10 mins or so behind and easily catch up. in fact, i kept looking back at our water stops, half expecting the phatman to appear magically. ;)

yeah we had a good ride. i met up with steve (on the trek fuel) and we went to the overlook and back. i totally "shyte the bed" on the way back, and steve said he was tired too (although i couldn't tell from his riding) from a weeks worth of PA riding last week. but it was good times... :cool: we got back to the cars around 8:20.

btw, what a steambath... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
daschmaz said:
Me and a few co-workers are riding tonight-- meeting at 6ish at the bottom of Bear Swamp Road on 202 in Oakland/Mahwah--- usually a 2 hour ride at a good pace--

Hey guys... thanks. Next time. I would definitely like to hit those trails from that approach. I have not been back there since i went to that college up the road, way back in the late 80's ;) and then it was only on foot. man that seems like a million years ago,..

anyway... you guys do those trails on a regular basis? I can easily get up to bear swamp in 15 mins from my work in wyckoff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mergs said:

Hey guys... thanks. Next time. I would definitely like to hit those trails from that approach. I have not been back there since i went to that college up the road, way back in the late 80's ;) and then it was only on foot. man that seems like a million years ago,..

anyway... you guys do those trails on a regular basis? I can easily get up to bear swamp in 15 mins from my work in wyckoff.

We try to ride either Wednesday or Thursday night depending on Family Matters---

We ride up Bear Swamp Road and into Ringwood or Behind Ramapo Reservation--

We do not get out of work till 5:30 in Northvale and depending on Traffic usually start at 6:15ish---

We all have Station wagons and all ride Jamis (we have to)..... We usually park in the small dirt lot across the street from BSRoad it's always a fun good paced ride---

1 - 12 of 12 Posts