Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas Eve, Donkey, Madre and I set out for a favorite road jaunt. It starts in Irvine, Ca (former safest city in the US) and heads about 60 miles south to Solana Beach, CA in San Diego county. We eat lunch then take the train back to the start. It's a fun route.

We had an interesting event as our normal lunch spot was closed and we had to scamper and hurry and run for the train, comical.

Little did we know, Madre snapped this shot camera phone style of Donkey and I "recovering" on the way home. I have no recollection of this ever taking place. :rolleyes:

I figured the rest of you might have some fun or interesting post ride pics to share and muse over...

p.s. I'm the one on the left, Donkey ''recovers" on the right.
p.s.s Donkey road the 700cc IRO fixie, Madre rode her used and improved geared road bike as did I....my fixie is not yet done...

Attachments

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I don't remember that at all.....I guess pics can't lie though.

What I do remember is riding around SanJuanCapistrano lost trying to find my way back to my car. That was fun.

B

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
During the awards ceremony at the last 24HOA event that I raced. By the dull, un-interested look on the faces of those around me I assume Stu was going through his "woe is me, Laird is damaging the sport" speach.

Carol Ann loves this pic....she says it's cute.

B

Attachments

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Post ride festivities at last years AZ spring fling. After a long day of South Mountain a little hot tub felt pretty nice.

Name all the MTBR members in this picture.(hint: there's at least 7)

B

Attachments

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
donkey said:
Post ride festivities at last years AZ spring fling. After a long day of South Mountain a little hot tub felt pretty nice.

Name all the MTBR members in this picture.(hint: there's at least 7)

B
Man, Aosty's ponytail always gives me the creeps....

btw, i can name 'em all..but that's like cheatin'...

·
Registered
569 Posts
lots of good/humorous pix!

Mine is actually a POST first half of our ride in our Meadow of Gold. We leave the rigs at the Wilderness Bdy and hike for 10 minutes to this...lunch time on an October day in Montucky.

Attachments

·
Bunker Hill Bikes
308 Posts
Lumberjack 100

These are pics from the 2005 edition of the Lumberjack 100 in Manistee Michigan.

After 100 miles at race pace, I was a little fried.

Mike Curiak was in attendance for this race. He parked next to us. What an honor.

So 100 miles is not enough, I will be doing the Kokopelli Trail Race in 2006.

-----Chad

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.