Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Twenty6 Levers

Hey

The Twenty6 levers work well with GS. They are a little longer with a nice shape for one-finger use. They add a little bit of brake power also. Tyler makes grear products right here in the USA!

Shane

·
SoCal mtbr
332 Posts
I did not find Twenty6 levers made any difference on length. I had tried some on my Avid Elixir's and it did not give me better reach. I ended up getting Hope Tech brakes and those were the only ones that actually made a difference with my gripshifts. Here's a shot so you can see for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I compared the twenty6 to OEM, and I didn't see much difference either. I'm thinking of getting a local university student to CNC a pair to my spec (longer), but I'm afraid it will be too much mech. leverage and hurt progressiveness/performance. We'll see.

G.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****** said:
I compared the twenty6 to OEM, and I didn't see much difference either. I'm thinking of getting a local university student to CNC a pair to my spec (longer), but I'm afraid it will be too much mech. leverage and hurt progressiveness/performance. We'll see.

G.
You may be onto something there--maybe that's why Avid doesn't offer a factory option: They'd have to redesign the pivot point/mechanical advantage. Hmm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.