Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Well on Yesterday, after being stolen for 15 months, i got my beloved 2007 Kona stinky back, the greatest year for the stinky's IMO :thumbsup:

I was worried that when i got it back, it would be all smashed up, but to my surprise, only suffered a rusted chain and one scratch on the top tube, everything else is pretty much how i left it. So today i changed all my new parts from my 08 stinky onto my 07 and all i can say is "AWESOME!", just gotta get the suspension dialed and itll be slaming!:thumbsup:

Here are some pictures of the bike before i changed the parts over, and one after its got its new dressing.

The cops were also nice enough to leave the cash converter receipt on there, showing the thiefs full name and address, cheap F^%K tryed to pawn it for $150 :madmax:

(PS: ill post some better pics later)

Goes to show, one day your stolen bike will come back from the shadows:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
colourclassic said:
Why would you swap the parts from a newer bike on to an older bike?
I like the look and feel of the 07 stinky's WAY better than the new ones, it rides so nice now that i got the suspension set up properly, feels much more snappier and jumps alot better, pretty much it dosent feel as sluggish as the old one. Also its the sentimental value of it, this is the bike that i earnt through alot of hard work, makes it that much better to ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cable0guy said:
what's the story re: how the thief was caught?
From what i understand here is the story

The cops busted the guy for some other crime, and they found a whole lot of stolen stuff in his posession, including my bike. They tracked the serial number and found that it was stolen. They found it at a cash converter shop. The bike was pawned there 3 days after it was stolen, yet the shop didnt check if it was stolen. When the cops traced it back to the shop and went to collect it, they said when the shop keeper seen em, he looked extremely nervous, i think he was in on it the whole time. Regarding the thief, he has been arrested. I was thinking of mailing a hate letter to Quan Dunn Trang, telling the cheap c^&t to go rot in jail :madmax:

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Nick_M2R said:
I was thinking of mailing a hate letter to Quan Dunn Trang, telling the cheap c^&t to go rot in jail :madmax:
Ha! Thank Karma, consider yourself Lucky or blessed but whatever you do be happy

My dad got his bike stolen when he was a kid. He never saw it again. I for one have had no such luck with any of the things stolen from me.

Be thankfull and ride your bike untill it falls apart on you.;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I was in the Marines, I lived in Oceanside California. I lived on a mainly hispanic part of town, and one evening both of my surfboards were stolen off my front porch. I filed a police report and nothing was ever found. Well I remember that the day that my boards were stolen, I had taken a few of the guys that lived down the street from me to the beer store. Well I started thinking how they had said how nice my boards were so I went to their house while no one was home, and found both my board laying behind their fence in the backyard. One board was half way spray painted ( I guess they ran out of paint) and the other had huge holes in it from their god damn pit bull chewing on it. So Instead of calling the police, I kicked their back door in, and went to work on their house. Everybed in the house was a water bed, so I stabbed holes in all of them, then decided to keep brining the rain and turned on all of their sinks and bathtub with the drains stopped. I felt it was much needed justice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.