Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i am getting ready for the spring riding season and wanted to pick up a nice but affordable stationary bike that can give me a good work out but wont break my wallet? i want to spend between 100.00 to 150.00, if thats too cheap let me know the reasons why i should pay more than that.

·
Ex-Clydesdale
600 Posts
slicks/road bike + rollers/trainer > stationary bike

For the amount you're looking to spend, you can get a set of slicks and a set of inexpensive rollers. I've never found a stationary bike that feels as comfortable and natural as riding my own bike.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds cool but i think its a little too complicated with changing out my tires and i think it takes a wee bit too much space in my house for that set up, i just want something to get on quickly with no set up...

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Then buy a completely new wheelset, quick release and all. That way its no harder than taking off wheels to go from your bike to your trainer. Maybe not in your money range, but could be well worth it. You dont need outrageously expensive rims to begin with for trainers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.