Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to spend a week there in mid-July, but noticed even the Super8 wants $120 a night for a room. Anyone have any recommendations other than camping?
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
838 Posts
check out days end

I,m staying at The Days end at about the same time as you are.. they are $ 79 for a king and $ 89 for 2 queens. its not a dive i have stayed there before you can hit some the town trails from there also..
http://www.daysenddurango.com/

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link. I don't need fancy, but clean is nice. Good to know you've stayed there before too.

Richard

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely do not recommend the Days End mentioned in another post. The room was filthy and very noisy. To their credit they gave me no problems about refunding the nights I had pre-paid.

Was able to negotiate a really good deal further up the mountain where a lot of places have vacancies. Places are willing to haggle over prices in this economy so use that to your advantage. There are some good places on the vrbo site also, but you need to plan ahead quite a bit to get the dates you want.

·
bikma cost more thn carma
157 Posts
try the locals on couchsurfers.com FREE!!!! Except the high high price of staying with hippies....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Days inn

I stayed at the days end this weekend with my family had no probs with the room... wife liked the location 100 yards from the trail along the river took the kids to the river to play while i rode. its not the Marriott$$$$$$$$$ reminds me of a lot of surf motels up and down the so cal coast jump out of bed and go surfing. except this time its on my bike.......... My wife is looking forward to staying there next summer again because of its location in town. the walls are thin but i stay in motels a couple of times a month so I take a sound machine to block out the next rooms noise while I sleep.. its not the best room i have stayed in. But i would rate it a 6 of 10 but for the price its worth it..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
how about possible places to stay in for SSWC09? Might be making the long trip over if I manage to scrape up enough cash :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts