Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for a strong wheel to replace my stock Bontrager. I would like to get a nice wheelset build but financially it is most feasible to get a stronger rim to lace my stock hub to. For now tubeless does not matter nor does weight (within reason). The hub is 32 hole. Additionally, if you think it is most cost effective to purchase a strong prebuilt rear wheel I am open to that too.

·
Tulsa
1,085 Posts
Bonty Dusters are fine rims, I had a set built up with DT spokes and 32 hole hubs and they're strong to me. Tubeless setup is a breeze
What kind of Bonty rims do you have.

Tried to post this and it didn't show, hopefully it wont later

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rojogonzo said:
Bonty Dusters are fine rims, I had a set built up with DT spokes and 32 hole hubs and they're strong to me. Tubeless setup is a breeze
What kind of Bonty rims do you have.

Tried to post this and it didn't show, hopefully it wont later
Race disc, they came stock on a 2007 Paragon.

·
Tulsa
1,085 Posts
I'd relace or just true it if it is 32 hole.
I think (?) they used dt swiss hubs then.
opinions differ, most really like the stans flows,but imo for a 28 mm rim the bonty duster is just as good and the tlr system is second to none, nothing wrong with a flow or halo freedom disc if you just want change

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
6thElement said:
Are you sure they're 32H? My Bontrager Race were 28H on my Paragon of that era.
You're right, they must be well spaced since it appears to be 32H. In that case, maybe just getting a wheel and hub with 32H will be best once I trash this wheel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ramzious said:
MTX33 Seems to be holding up well to my 300+ abuse...mine are 36h but I think they make a 32h...
Hey Ramzious where did you get yours from and what did you pay? Were they prebuilt or did you build them? I noticed these on lacemine29.com. Do you get them off the group much? I enjoy getting a little air on the trail...

·
Dinner for wolves
1,567 Posts
Sun Rhyno Lite. Halo Freedom Disc. Are you re-using spokes? If so, try to find a rim with an ERD close to what you have, so that your current spokes will be the right size.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
buddhak said:
Sun Rhyno Lite. Halo Freedom Disc. Are you re-using spokes? If so, try to find a rim with an ERD close to what you have, so that your current spokes will be the right size.
I'm assuming ERD is a measurement of kind... what does it stand for?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Effective Rim Diameter. It's one of the things that determines the spoke length. Sometimes you can be lucky and find a rim with the same ERD as the one you are replacing. Velocity Blunt and ZTR Flow is an example of this at 600mm.

Regarding your original question, you might consider Sun Ringle EQ27.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.