Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am listing these as some members were unable to access correct weights in our website.

10T Delrin black pulleys/Shimano/Sram/Campagnolo compatiable/ dual bearing system/10 grams for a pair

Same pulley with same specs as above in white.

10T Alloy pulleys available in Blue and Gold. Same specs as Delrins but weight is 14 grams for a pair

11T Delrin pulleys available in Orange,Blue,White,Green,Yellow and Red.Shimano and Sram compatiable.Single bearing system.
13.5 grams for a pair.

This one is just to show the 11T white colour in a better view.

We believe that Delrin is the best material for pulleys. Better than alloy and carbon.
Our alloy models will run out and we will no longer make them.
Above alloy models and colours still in stock.

Check out our website frequently for new pulley models & colours as well as other parts listings.

www.afcbike.com

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
dennis rides Scott said:
What is the amount of theet that is standard on Sram and Shimano MTB derailleurs?
What is the difference of the 2 bearing systems showed on the pictures? Can you send me a price in Euro?
can't you count up to 11? Just look at your own deraileur...

older derailleurs had 10t...newer ones from about year 2000 up have 11t.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dennis rides Scott said:
What is the amount of theet that is standard on Sram and Shimano MTB derailleurs?
What is the difference of the 2 bearing systems showed on the pictures? Can you send me a price in Euro?
The amount of teeth on Shimano/Sram RD's pulleys is 11T.
We are riding with 10T jockey wheels for years now on MTB as well as on road bike RD models. Not one single failure and/or performance issue .

Dual bearing vs single bearing: The axial loads on the jockeys are absorbed also via bearings. All manufacturers except one well know Italian company favour single bearing designs with some "bulky" bearing cover caps.
We have smaller bearings in the 10T pulleys BUT there are two in one jockey wheel.
The alloy cover caps there are very thin designed.Therefore you have one of the lightest BUT durable designs.

Allthough new here I suppose that I am not allowed to list prices .
For all pricing pls follow Contact/Intl.Contact link on our website or mail me at [email protected]

Thank you.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eliflap said:
why only Turkish languages and not English ? :rolleyes:

that way can permits more access than a thread here ... :D

however you got PM :cool:
Sorry but we are doing our best to have English text on our website within the next months.

However I have sent you a PM back.

Thank you.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
sergio_pt said:
Extralite and KCNC copies? Now that deserves an applause for creativity! :thumbsup:
KCNC copies ?...you make me laugh!

Anyway - why don't you applaud them for offering pulleys at MUCH lower cost than Extralite? It's the first time i hear of a turkish company offering high-end bike parts.Well done!

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sergio_pt said:
Extralite and KCNC copies? Now that deserves an applause for creativity! :thumbsup:
All constructive criticism is welcome.
There are a lot of options to design a round wheel with teeth and holes in it.Like the one we have in testing currently which looks similar to an other product but is not exactly the same.

Just asking: How many companies have similar if not same design as the "old" M2 Racer skewers?I could easily name three well known companies .

If in your quoted post mentioned companies have similar looking jockey wheels like we do then we are offering different options to the consumer.
Like what one company doesn't have:Jockeys in Delrin.

If a second company is offering Delrin wheels then the consumer has the option with us to choose from different colours.

Further our statement that in future you will be able to purchase
only delrin pulleys from us.
This means due our experience with this material more and more bikers will switch to delrin in the future.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I purchased a set if beautiful red pulleys a few weeks ago. LOVE THEM!!! And they sent TWO follow up emails to make sure I received the wheels and liked the product.

Very nice people to deal with.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Cheers! said:
what advantage / disadvantage does one get when you run 10T versus 11T? Why can't we run 9T or 12T?
From what i remember when 11t were introduced they claimed shifting precision would be better.I have never felt any difference at all though. I run lightweight 10t pulleys on all my bikes instead of the standard 11t ones. I got better shifting precision by running short caged DA derailleurs instead of those long ones that come on MTB derailleurs....

Once german BIKE magazine did an analysis on a pulley wheel with 15t which got used by our famous swiss TT worldchampion Fabian Cancellara and some triathletes.Those 15t mathematically offer 0,8 watt savings when compared to the standard Campagnolo 10t ones which have a friction bearing (that's 0,04 km/h = 0,025 mph faster-wow).......you to judge if that's worth it:D

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have now ridden 1400kms on the 10T AFC pulleys ,sorry I should say on the Extralite copies..is this ok for the Italian guys?
and it seems that I have purchased the best pulleys I have ever had.
Well done AFC.
Will purchase the white ones for my trail bike.
Have not needed to spent 49 Euros plus 20 Euros for shipping like for the original version.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.