Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've done some research on this subject but I'd like some input. I'm new at mountain biking and recently picked up a XL 2001 Specialized Enduro FSR. I understand its a old bike and the suspension technology is a little out of date. I'm looking to start with upgrading the rear shock to this. So my questions are,

1. As long as the shock is the same size can I use the shock mounting hardware that's already on the bike? Is it all standard?

2. If not, how do you find out or measure what hardware you need?

3. Is this even a worth while upgrade? Will I notice a difference or should I just rock it as is and save the money for a new bike down the road?

I'm 6ft 8" 270lbs btw, don't know if that matters but since we're talking rear suspension...

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
As long as the stock hardware fits and the Eye to Eye measurement is the same, you should be able to use the new shock. At your size though, I doubt I would use that shock, or even that bike. I would save your penny's and ride it how it is. Learn some skills on that bike, then look into getting a Zinn Cycles bike. Designed for tall person's like yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts