Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Gary Fisher Tassajara. I upgraded the rims and all shimano XT drive train, with avid mechanical disc, egg beater pedals. I was wondering would it be worth it to upgrade the front fork and brakes to hydraulic or buy new. The bike still rides well i had shifters and bottom bracket replaced last year. I do need my wheels trued. I would like to do all of this for around $200 to $250 as my riding only consist off about 2 or 3 days a month. Is it worth it? Can it be done for that price? I am a heavy ex college linebacker around 250 lbs.

·
well mannered lout
3,258 Posts
I wouldn't worry about upgrading the fork or brakes. Get the fork serviced and the wheels trued and ride that bike. If you love it, and want to take your riding further, then look at another bike. It sounds like for now, a bike that gets you out there will be fine, and that bike will do it.
I mostly agree. Maybe getting adaptors/ bigger rotors is the upgrade to look at.

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
What kind of a fork is on there? You may be able to just swap in an Extra Firm Spring and make all the difference. At 250, whatever came stock is not for you. Also, I have had great luck with non series cheap shimano hydros.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.