Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some buying advice for a newbie MTBer. Little bit of a background. I have been biking forever mainly with road bikes and doing long rides (My main bike is a 2015 CAAD10) . I recently got interested in MTBs since I moved to an area with a lot of trails. Looking for a decent quality bike for around $1000 as a starter to see if I will like the hobby. I found a 2012 Trek Superfly Pro on a local marketplace for $1500 and the sizing works fine but I am unsure about carbon bikes since I have never had one. Looking for some advice on whether I should go for it. One concern I have is around the bottom bracket there seems to be some wear. Is this dangerous and a sign of impending failure or something expected for a bike of this age? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle Vehicle brake

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,322 Posts
need a better picture. you should pull both crank arms and inspect all around the BB
before laying a lot of dough on a used crabon bike imho...or at least use a flashlight and
magnifying glass

paint wear or rubbing is not a worry,
any sign of cracks of any type is a worry. deep scratches also

Reactions: smtbr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.