Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, need some advice please on the Jackal. I sold my Heckler and have just bought a Turner 5.5 Spot which is excellent. I do however miss having a Santa Cruz in my stable.
The problem is, to buy one I will have to justify it to the my wife. She currently rides my old (medium) Cannondale and will expect the Santa Cruz as a replacement. It has to be said she is a fair weather rider and although sort of interested in mountain biking she is not an enthusiast, so a Juliana would be a waste of money. She is also 5ft 2ins and standover clearence is a problem. I am 5ft 8ins.
Anyway will the Jackal serve as a occasional XC bike for my wife and I. I know the Chameleon would be the better choice but getting the right size is certainly a problem for both of us. Oh and my son would be using it when he stays for free/ride.
Or am I just trying to please too many people
Thanks Peter
I have no intension of selling my Turner so please do not even go there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It sounds like you have it figured out a dirt jumper would suit all of those needs. Are you going to build it up geared or single speed used or new? A Jackal would be sweet but those are super pricey for a dirt jumper to get thrashed on you could get a kona complete and way cheaper. anyway thats just my 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts