Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Ive set my heart on an indy fab deluxe singlespeed.I allready own a geared sleel deluxe and i love it but its used strictly on dry days only.For winter riding i have a cheap singlespeed.
So my dilema is this: i can afford a steel deluxe singlespeed frame but cant stretch to ti but ti doesnt rust.Our winters here are wet,very wet and very muddy.How long do you think a steel frame would last under these conditions? Or is it worth going into debt for a ti?
Hopefully you'll all tell me how hard wearing the steel would be but could anyone recommend a friendly stateside indy fab dealer who i could talk to regarding importing a ti frame.Maybe it could work out cheaper to import personally even after tax and import duty etc.Also, having never ridden a ti frame,is it really so much better than steel?
Your opinions please...?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ti's got a super nice ride, but a steel frame treated properly will last long enough for you to get tired of it. You used to be able to get 4 custom steel frames for what an off the shelf Ti cost.

Here's the real tip though.If you're skint and worried about a frame getty rusty then you'll never beat aluminum.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Go Ti....make it happen some how. You'll never second guess your decission IMHO.

Been ridding Alu for 15 years [broke two frames - JRA]....The Ti ride is far nicer, again IMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.