Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - I'd like to get some opinions here:
I have a Diamondback Mission that's kind of a Frankenstein, so it's got parts from another bike.
Basically, I've got a Fox Float R 120 mm fork and I've been having a lot of trouble getting that last inch of travel, even with the air pressure low. I was wondering if I should look into getting a fork with more travel, or just getting my current fork PUSHed so I get all the travel out of that fork.
I've got WTB Laserdisk Trail wheels with Kenda Nevegal 2.1 tires. I got two pinch flats on the front the other day running about 45 pounds of pressure, so I was bummed. Also, I find that these tires are almost impossible to get seated properly on these rims (like the are too small, so the bead naturally wants to sit down in the middle of the rim). Anyway, I'm thinking about throwing some money at my bike - If it was your bike, what would you do?

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
I also have a mission, love it a ton! I would look at a nice wheel set. good place to drop weight and go tubeless as well, no more pinch flats and save more weight. What all do you have on the bike? Is it a custom blend of parts or stock? 120mm fork? I would think about a new fork with at least 140mm, look at a 15qr if you are going to get new wheels.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David - I appreciate it, dude - I have LX rear derailuer, XT front, Race Face XC cranks and chain rings, SPD pedals, SRAM cogset, Hayes Stroker brakes, DEORE shifters - maybe like a custom blend of stock type sh*t :) What fork do you have on your bike - I've been pretty bummed about not being able to get that last inch of travel out of my fork (unless I really hammer it!!) - thanks again dude
Colin

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
08 Float RL 140mm on my rig. Works well and that last little bit of travel is used for me when I know it should, ie big drop, going to dam fast through rock gardens! If I were to change anything on mine, it would be a new Talas 36 and new wheels. like hope hubs and stans rims, handbuilt by me ofcourse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts