Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear a size 50 (us 15) so for me it's pretty much impossible to go anywhere to try shoes on (at least where I live). I always buying from online vendors.

I'd love to get a pair of Sidi Dominators (Mtb). I'm thinking of taking my chance and getting the Mega (wide) size 50.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
That's really odd. Printed it out, on this chart my feet don't even measure anywhere near 50 (more like 46-47).... mind you I'm european (currently living in the US) and I've been wearing size 50's all of my adult life.

I measured the printout and it corresponds to their indicated size (20") so the print is true to their specs... WEIRD :???:

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I think clothing and shoe sizes vary way too much, and that's just with US sizing. The only time I need to worry about euro sizing is with my mountain bike shoes, and that varies with manufacturer (Lake for the last few years, Sidis are just too damn expensive for how fast I wear their soles out, the Lake Vibram soles work great for me plus I can still get laces and avoid tightening the ratcheting buckles during rides like I did with Sidis).

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I'm currently using the MX165s. One warning, they're heavier than a lighter racing type shoe, but the price is decent (shop around on the net, but ordering directly from Lake is possible, too). I use a 46 in the Lake but usually an 11-12 US.

Have you actually used US sized 15 shoes? Just curious.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I own 3 pairs right now bought here in the US, size 15.

Haven't found any retailers yet that have Lake's in size 15, so I might just end up ordering directly... seems like the prices are better elsewhere though.

Does you miss the buckle? I might get the Mx190, although the price is pretty close to a Sidi

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sidi 47 in a mega fits just like most my Nikes,Adidas,Reeboks in a 47. Awesome shoe, fits great the first time ya wear'em, it's that Italian thing.Still gotta agree with Bikinfool on their cost vs. length of use in extreme all mountain type riding as they do wear out pretty good on the hike-a-bike stuff. They are also ice skates(hard plastic traction) out west on slickrock or east in Pisgah, need some Dominators but they don't come Mega. I still use them for the stuff that's not as tough and get 2-3 seasons out of them that way. Otherwise I'm lucky to get 2 full seasons, def more of a race shoe. Just depends on what your lookin for. I like the Lakes m165's for durability but fit is not as good, and I like rachets and straps. Other's I've used and liked are Carnac,has some nice ones, Northwave, more Euro, good bang for buck, Pearl's ok, Shimano ok, Specialized,ok. Go try some on at your LBS and go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.