Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plf

Phil Lesh and Friends? Yeah, well, that hasn't been working for me. A friend suggested I take in more salt and electrolytes, which I'll try. Barring that, any ideas?

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
How long are your races? I don't think I've ever felt the urge to go during a standard length race. The adrenaline beforehand usually empties out any excess.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Concentrate on you overall hydration in the days before the race

It reduces the need for intake proximate to racing which you body can only really pass through you faster than you can integrate it into your bodily fluids.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
That is what your empty water bottle is for. Just don't make any mistakes, and drink from a bottle that use to be empty.

·
No. Just No.
5,329 Posts
Please retain some dignity. Don't pee all over yourself or your shorts.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've been in the situation where I'm standing on the start line and have to pee, and it seemed to hold my performance back a little.

For some reason when I'm nervous I sip water a lot, so before the start i'm peeing a lot. I would say you just have to time it right, try to get to the bathroom just before the call to starting line.

There used to be such a thing called a "sneaky leaker" but it wasn't really designed with athletes in mind.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I never thought about how a stop for a call of nature in a women's road race looks like until I read this thread.

·
Registered
170 Posts
alternatives to stopping to pee or peeing all over yourself on a longer mtb race.
LOL. How could there possibly be any other options ? Unless you are really gifted and you can pull it out and let it dangle behind you for a bit. But then getting it caught in the tire is a real danger.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had to stop and go #2 during a MTB race this season. It was a code red situation. My body gave me about 20 seconds notice. I flew off the trail into some brush. That was the last time I take Hammer gel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts