Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love mine. I would consider it more cross mountain trail......its an awesome bike and for a do it all bike I really feel like I finally have it with the sight.
I do have the carbon sight but test road the alum and would have gotten it if I couldn't have found the carbon.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
The Sight is a fairly capable bike that will cover a lot of territory and different types of trails from smooth and flowy to steep and chunky pretty well. On the XC-AM continuum I think it fits squarely in the middle with some pretty nice crossover into the XC and AM realm. It's not going to make you as fast as a 22 lb HT 29er at the local buffed out XC races but it won't be so sluggish that you wouldn't have a ton of fun on the same trail while just riding with your buddies. It also isn't primarily suited to really steep and gnarly terrain but it's quite capable of getting down that stuff in the right hands..... just not going to be as point and shoot, plow straight down it as say a Nomad or Range.

By light park duty, if you mean, pretty smooth flow trail with smallish tables and no huge gaps or drops, the Sight will do fine, especially if you get the Pike. Great all around bike especially for the money.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
KRob describes it very well. A very versatile, capable bike going up and down. Not an XC racer, not a flat-out enduro racer. I have mine built w a CCDB Inline and a Pike set at 150. I believe the CCDB Inline is the biggest add-on to make this bike even better by letting you tune the rear to the ride or rider perfectly. 2nd the Pike, 3rd some good wheels. As it's built now there's nothing I've ridden - that it can't handle - and put a smile on your face. But never taken it to the bike park or lift serviced DH trails. It has seen most all front range CO trails, some Fruita, some Moab, Winter Park and other random areas in CO, Wyo, UT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know of store that has a 2014 in stock? All the CA and NM dealers are out. I found one in Canada but they don't ship. Thanks

Norco Sight 7.1 2014

1 - 6 of 6 Posts