Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a new hardtail mountain bike and I will be in San Francisco for a few days in late August so it would be easiest to buy one from a shop there.

As I am from Australia, it is much cheaper at the moment to purchase a new bike in America and bring it back home on the plane - it will be counted as part of my luggage allowance and free of charge.

I am happy to purchase a bike on the internet, but reputable sites such as Price Point and JensonUSA do not have a huge range of complete bikes. If there was one I could get online with the specs I want, I would purchase it and get it shipped to my hotel in San Francisco.

I am not that fussed which brand of bike I go for as long as it has the following and costs around 1000 - 2000 US dollar.

International frame warranty.

Shimano dual control shifters (LX, XT or XTR).

Fox forks.

Tubeless wheel set (preferrably Mavic).

An external bearing bottom bracket (not a must have but would like).

Obviously I would like a bike that is light and cheap as well, but I know this is a big wish list! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

·
Made in Canada
415 Posts
There are lots of sites out there where you can buy such bikes, Richard's Bikes (www.rbikes.com) based out of Chicago Illinois is one such place and has many bikes right up your alley you might want to check out, although I'm not sure how fast they can ship from IL to CA, but it's definitely worth a look. There's tons of companies you could get locally, I have no idea how many bike shops and what brands they sell exist down there, but I'm sure there's tons available (I know Santa Cruz for sure). BTW great riding over in Queensland, wish I could go back...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.