Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to do a DIY triple XR-E cree bike light setup. Got the LED's coming from cutter, and have everything for the light but struggling to find a place for a good 14.8V 3-4 Ah battery.

I was looking at making my own from www.batteryspace.com, but shipping to the UK was $90!! almost the cost of the battery parts.

So looking for help on best place to get Li-ion (polymer preferred) batterys from, where shipping to the UK is actually reasonable!. Don't mind if its pre done or if I have to put it together myself providing they sell all the PCB's etc etc

Any help appreciated ...

Cheers

Andy

G

·
I got mine from the same place as doogs and all went well. But you can get stung with customs/inport charges. I did on my 3rd order.(but not on the first 2 orders).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look for any online RC (remote control) hobby site. The batteries you are looking for are very common for rc helicopter and airplanes. I know from another forum dedicated to rc helicopters that there are plenty of places in Europe that have what you need.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ditto what kingair said. Due to your shipping costs from the US - I would try and pick up a Lipo 4s pack from a local source. It should cost lest than 40quid - especially if you avoid the high discharge C rated packs,
Get something with balance plugs and also get a charger with balancing capabilities. Something like the emax from unitedhobbies for 55USD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.