Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I broke my chain on a ride. Initially, I thought no big deal, but after I got home and talked to my friend and started to understand what really happened, I was a little bumbed...turns out that my derailleur hanger got bent, along with my rear derailleur. I'm pretty sure its shot. Any advice on where to get a new derailleur hanger for a Leader 510H frame? I think the manufacturer might be out of business,so I don't think going through them is an option.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Yesterday, I broke my chain on a ride. Initially, I thought no big deal, but after I got home and talked to my friend and started to understand what really happened, I was a little bumbed...turns out that my derailleur hanger got bent, along with my rear derailleur. I'm pretty sure its shot. Any advice on where to get a new derailleur hanger for a Leader 510H frame? I think the manufacturer might be out of business,so I don't think going through them is an option.
Derailluerhanger.com I have ordered from this co in the past and they have great service

DerailleurHanger

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
When I broke my hanger, I bought a couple from a seller on eBay. Super fast shipping, low price, and great quality. Remove your hanger and use it as a comparison to what 925engineering has available.

I broke my derailluer hanger Friday at lunch. Ordered two replacements around 4:00 that day. I received an email later saying they shipped. They arrived in the mail today (Monday). Awesome...

The eBay seller I bought them from was 925engineering. They machine their own hangers from aluminum and have a very wide variety for sale. Total cost shipped for two hangers was $25.90. It was like getting two for one (locally they wanted $25.00 per) and received much faster (LBSs said they couldn't get one in before Friday.

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
When I broke my hanger, I bought a couple from a seller on eBay. Super fast shipping, low price, and great quality. Remove your hanger and use it as a comparison to what 925engineering has available.
I think I've also ordered from them for my Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki when my hanger broke last year... It was about $15 plus $5 for shipping to Canada... I should have bought 2 to keep a spare one... I didn't know back then.

Good quality hanger, well machined, only downside was the hanger's bolt hole that was too deep, so I had to put washers to have a tight fit when bolting on the frame... Otherwise I've been running that hanger for a year now and it's nice :)

David

·
Registered
183 Posts
LBS! I found mine on deraillerhanger.com, then went to the LBS-
They got a catalog out that was the same part number is the web site and had it in one day for $23. Only one dollar more than deraillerhanger.com! Plus I didn't have to pay for shipping!

The one I purchase came with the hollow frame bolt and the hanger was powder coated black:thumbsup:

Don

·
Registered
183 Posts
LBS is a great suggestion...if the OP's frame wasn't a mail order frame.

Derailleurhanger.com as suggested is your best bet. Get two and carry a spare in your pack on rides.
True that derailleurhanger.com is the best bet- my point was that the LBS purchases there too. Just trying to help keep some money local:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts