Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She just does basic rides, but doesn't want a wal mart bike. Something cheap with basic parts that will be reliable. I was thinking a hardrock sport? She will be riding it on paved bike tracks and some singletrack when I take her with me to go ride. Suggestions?

·
EDR
10,573 Posts
Many makers of quality bikes make a good entry level ride. (i'm assuming you are talking about a 26'' bike, right?) The Hardrock is solid. Kona, Giant, Trek, etc, etc, etc all make bikes in that price range. You can't really go wrong with any of them for your stated intended purpose. These bikes are all head and shoulders above Wallymart bikes in quality.

My suggestion: Have her go test ride 2 or 3 or 4 bikes of different makes but same price range. Make sure the lbs has her ride the proper size for her and adjusts the seat PROPERLY for her height. Then get her what she says feels best. -good luck.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Check the LBS for sizing. Look at Ibex also, they are a net company that offers a great bike & components for the price. If she rides a 13" the Alpine 450 is very nice at $399. Other wise the Alpine 550 at $499 with the Tektro disc brakes. :headphones:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.