Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking for one of these bikes and think i found one. assuming it's stock from specialized (fox talas, septune, full xtr with crossmax sl, etc) and in 'as new' condition (barely if ever ridden by a guy with way too many bikes), what should i offer that represents a good deal for me and is fair to the seller? the bike listed for $5k but i think trades a decent amount lower than that.

thanks, and happy new year to everyone..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw a new (not a demo), large '05 at a shop in Denver last week with the exact set-up you described for $4k. Figure 4300 with tax.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wizzer said:
I saw a new (not a demo), large '05 at a shop in Denver last week with the exact set-up you described for $4k. Figure 4300 with tax.
thanks, that is helpful info. the one i've found is (if as advertised) new, never ridden by a guy with too many bikes. i'm checking it out today. we've agreed on $3400 for the bike which i think is reasonable for both since he's not a dealer. i'm pretty excited if it checks out, and since he's a local legit business owner i may have lucked out here. hopefully i will have a really nice loaded up santa cruz superlight for sale here in a couple of days!!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought the bike yesterday!!!

wizzer said:
Thats a smokin deal if it checks out. Good luck!
i'm totally pumped. turns out the guy was totally legit, it was great to be able to meet him and see the bike in person first. went to his family's retail store and in the back he had about 10 bikes. turns out he races motocross and used to race mtn bikes. also he tested tires for specialized (so who knows how good a deal they gave him on the s works stumpy but i don't care). anyway, the bike is beautifully made and light, light light. feels as light as my superlight if not lighter...with more travel. the bike was obviously never ridden, i mean never. he threw in a pair of new shimano 959's (which i have on my other bike) and a specialized computer. dropped it off at his lbs for packing/shipping, i should have it in a week. only thing he didn't have were manuals for the components but i guess i can download them myself if needed.

i'll post pix when i get it, and thanks again for the info.....now i need to post my superlight in the fs section!!!

:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats a great deal. I saw in December's Bicycling that the '06 M s-works fsr without pedals is 26.1 lbs. The '06 has the brain shock which I'm guessing may even be a few ounces heavier than your set-up. Either way, real nice, light rig. Good ridin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts