Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but im sure you could advise me....
I have just bought a orange 5 frame 2009 model and there seems to be patches of bubbling or slightly lifting paint in small places on the bike. Now the paint is complete and has not cracked but is this anything to worrie about ????

All i can think is that the alloy frame is oxidizing under the paint causing it to lift but is this ok to leave as is or does it need to be looked at? i mean it cant corrode the frame if left can it??
Cheers Paul

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Hi all im not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but im sure you could advise me....
I have just bought a orange 5 frame 2009 model and there seems to be patches of bubbling or slightly lifting paint in small places on the bike. Now the paint is complete and has not cracked but is this anything to worrie about ????

All i can think is that the alloy frame is oxidizing under the paint causing it to lift but is this ok to leave as is or does it need to be looked at? i mean it cant corrode the frame if left can it??
Cheers Paul
Bubbling paint is usually a sign that corrosion of some sort is already happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.