Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm looking to service my 2009 Magura Thor MT140. I've had it from new, and the service centre in the UK have had it twice in that time (it doesn't get much use). They have closed down now so am attempting it myself. I've got all the specs I need and have fully stripped it down.

When cleaning the lower legs I noticed that the lower RH bushing is loose in the leg. It can freely slide up and down. The upper one is solid still.

Is this fixable or is the fork FUBAR? The fork is otherwise perfect so would like to fix it up.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
I'm not sure on the specifics of magura forks but I believe it is an IGUS bushing rather than the standard steel/ptfe (eg norglide) like other brands but I would at least find someone with a bushing setting tool and try to knock it back down in to place. You can measure off the other leg to check when its at the right depth. It should be a tight fit, but if not then it might be buggered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.