Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can some one help me here? I have just bought this frame and need to start assembling parts ...the Cannondale web site is not that specific..

So

1. front deralier size and type (sram preferably)
2. Rear deraliuer is X7 medium cage ok?
3.does it have to be 12mm rear axle or can i use some sort of adaptor to run my hope pro wheel set?
4.is it a special rear brake needed ,i have heard something about the rear brake being different?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
mzungo said:
Hey guys can some one help me here? I have just bought this frame and need to start assembling parts ...the Cannondale web site is not that specific..

So

1. front deralier size and type (sram preferably)
2. Rear deraliuer is X7 medium cage ok?
3.does it have to be 12mm rear axle or can i use some sort of adaptor to run my hope pro wheel set?
4.is it a special rear brake needed ,i have heard something about the rear brake being different?

1. You need an E-type derailleur so you have no choice but to use Shimano. Mine has an LX E-type and works fine. That's the only Shimano part I have on the bike.

2. I run a X-9 long cage and it works great. In fact it's bent and still shifts all 9 gears.

3. Based on the pictures you have the older rear triangle so it uses the standard dropout. No 12mm thru axle is necessary.

4. There's nothing special about the rear brake on your model.

Mine is a stock 2005 Gemini 2000 except for lighter tires. I use it for XC and light FR in this setup. I also have a set of Azonic Outlaws with 2.7/2.6 DH tires that I use for DH racing. The Gemini is a sweet versatile bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.