Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read this on AZcentral.

A Valley developer said Wednesday that it is negotiating with a Phoenix-area city to build the nation's first adventure sports park and resort.

Waveyard Development LLC plans to build a $250 million hotel and coastal theme park where desert dwellers could surf 12-foot waves, go whitewater rafting, snorkel in a man-made lagoon and tan on a sandy beach. There also would be a climbing center, fly-fishing ponds and a mountain-bike course. :thumbsup:

I wonder where they would put it and what they mean by "mountain bike course", downhill course in the Whitetanks? I would be fun to finish off a day of riding with some whitewater rafting. Sounds awfully ambitious though. But if they did the park right then to hell with Disneyland, this would be waaaay better....hope they have a beer garden.

If you want the whole article, here's the link:
http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0622biz-surfpark0622.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would be awesome! The concept seems good. I guess this is the future. Can you imagine if this idea did take off, how things would end up once everyone else jumped on the wagon? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.