Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine and I are doing an adventure race in May. More specifically the Ozark Greenways Adventure race, it is considered a sprint adventure race which takes between 8-14 hours to complete and will include running, road biking(on gravel roads), mountain biking, canoeing and orienteering. Does anyone have any experience and suggestions for the race. We are mainly looking to finish and don't plan on having a chance to win since it is our first experience with it. It is a self supporting race so you have to carry everything with you the entire time except your bike. My biggest question right now is should I change out my clipless pedals to some toe clips that I have or do can I change in and out of my shoes for the biking section.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
There are advantages to each way, depending on the logistics of the race, like how hard is it to get a change of shoes to the transition point. If its no problem I would change to the appropriate shoe. I have only experience with a bike, run, xc ski, snowshoe event which is a little different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts