Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both these tires and am debating which one to install on my front wheel tonight. Help me decide! Any opinions?

Either will be run tubeless with lots of stans.

Rear tire will be an ADvantage 2.4, tubeless. Mavic 819 rims front and rear, on a Turner RFX with a talas 36.

Trails will be dry loamy trails with steep descents, tight switchbacks, and a few jumps and drops.

I'm a bit leery of either tire folding over due to the thin sidewalls so I plan to run plenty of pressure.

Is the advantage too thin/round for aggressive all-mountain downhilling?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
FM said:
Trails will be dry loamy trails with steep descents, tight switchbacks, and a few jumps and drops.

I'm a bit leery of either tire folding over due to the thin sidewalls so I plan to run plenty of pressure.

Is the advantage too thin/round for aggressive all-mountain downhilling?
ENDURO. Are you sure it is not a UST 2bliss? Mine are, but I don't know what year they are.
Anyways, the Advantage does NOT look like a reasonable front tire. I am running the 2.4 Enduros now and have an Eskar to put on the back (same engineer as the advantage). I have put the Enduro thru some loose-over-hard and loamy stuff, and just love it. I don't miss the 2.5 Nevegal up front - the Enduro is a very comperable replacement in terms of bite and stability. Feedback is about equal too (I never had that problem of the nev washing out, either).

For rear tires, I am a bit more prone to play with tread patterns, but I want a front that will stick.

I was actually posting up the comparison between the ADvantage and Eskar on another forum and was looking for pics when I came across this very reasonable review:
To be fair, I have no complaints about the work required to get this tyre up hill or around singletrack as it is obvious just by looking at the tyre that its sole purpose in life is to get you down those descents and across the loose "washy" trails that often make your ass pucker in fear….in one piece.

I am sure there are others that have more than a few rides on them (considering they have been around long enough to be discontinued), but it was all the reviews of them scattered about that made me pick some up on ebay.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. Yeah the enduro I have is a 2bliss, I ran it last summer with decent results.

I've gotten used to heavier tires at lower pressures (hutchinson octopus USTs) but now that summer has finally arrived, I'd like something lighter and don't need so much wet-root grippage.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a set of 2.4 and 2.2 that I am getting rid of. I have 3 rides on them, two of them in the snow. No wear at all on the tires.

I'm getting ready to put them up on ebay. I picked them up when Specialized was selling them for $35 each. These are the Enduro Pro D2s; not 2-bliss (tubeless)

PM me if anyone is interested. I have more information on them and pictures if needed.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.