Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin for somethin, anything, that I can take with me on the trail to make adjustments. Of course it needs to be small. I was thinkin of grinding down an allen key for the slot screw but what for teh nut adjuster? Do you have the bomb tool? Or is there nothing really suited for this?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
this with 6-point shallow socket:

you can usually turn them with just a socket and your fingers. sometimes a longer socket works best for fingers to grip more.

use any flat screw driver for slot...or possibly attachment to the above thumb wheel ratchet.

or

it doesn't take much to turn them. you should be able to keep those in you back jersey pocket.

mx

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
I just use a box end wrench for the hex head adjusters and a right angle screwdriver for the slotted adjusters. The slotted adjusters are the hardest to adjust due to the frame being an obstruction. CC has remedied this issue on the newer shocks by raising the old slotted adjusters and making them a hex head as well. At the price of a CCDB, you'd think CC would toss in a double ended tool. A plain old stamped out tool would be fine cause you don't really have to use it much after it's dialed in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cane Creek now makes a tool. This past w/e in Whistler, a CC dude left one on my buddy's seat. It's an all-in-one, machined piece. I'm not sure if it is steel or aluminum but it's totally flat and would fit perfectly in a shorts pocket. It looks to have the small box-end, the big one, a screwdriver, and bottle opener. :thumbsup: We didn't get to ask the dude about it because he was 10 people up in line at the lift before we figured out who it was.

The only downside is I wasn't there at that moment to get one too.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
miklorsmith said:
Cane Creek now makes a tool. This past w/e in Whistler, a CC dude left one on my buddy's seat. It's an all-in-one, machined piece. I'm not sure if it is steel or aluminum but it's totally flat and would fit perfectly in a shorts pocket. It looks to have the small box-end, the big one, a screwdriver, and bottle opener. :thumbsup: We didn't get to ask the dude about it because he was 10 people up in line at the lift before we figured out who it was.

The only downside is I wasn't there at that moment to get one too.
I had one and the thing is perfect but I lost it and now I have to wait until they come out. They should be out end of July.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Has anyone else come up with some ghetto cddb tools they would care posting up. Getting one from cane creek is like getting blood from a stone. Ridiculous considering the price of the shock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.