Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike came stock with a Spinner Edge fork...Im just going to assume that its not the best fork, but thats becides the point..

Any way ive adjusted the preload on the top of it as far as it will go (clockwise) which is what the manual says to do to stiffen it up. Well i still have bottomed it out a couple times on some DH trails.

Is there any way to stiffen it more, i know there are some bolts on the bottom of the fork, are they some other way of adjusting it?

Thx for you help guys, suspencion is a new thing for me... :madman:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
if you come ride with us tomorrow we can look at it. I believe those "bolts' you speak of are for assembly/disassembly purposes. I'm not familiar with this fork ,so if there are no schrader valves to put air in, then changing the spring is the only other way to stiffen it up. But I'm no expert. Just my .02 cents.

·
SoCal Rider
266 Posts
Definitely not made for DH. My girlfriend's Brother just got a bike that has this fork, and it's best suited for "Recreational XC riding"

The preload is the only way to adjust it. Not sure if Spinner makes stiffer springs, nor do I think it's worth it.

If you're looking to do more DH, I suggest going with a better fork...it'll save ur a** in the long run

·
The plough
662 Posts
The Edge is as it says on their website, Spinner's budget offering in the AM range.

It is indeed rated for AM use, yes there is a lab test for that and they use it to certify their products in each category. What this means that you are unlikely to break it unless you take it DH riding, but that is all. It is not a guarantee of the highest level of performance.

Consider a better fork, and yes Spinner also makes forks that are better than that.

V.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Thx. Whats "AM" mean?..Im not totally down on the Mtbr lingo yet. lol.

And yea im still not sure what fork i want. someting in the $400-450 range which i know wont be that great either but an upgrade is an upgrade none the less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.