Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it is possible but worth asking. I have a RP23 shock 7.5 x 2.0 that is pretty much new, only 1 ride on the trail. I switched frames and now need a 7.875 x 2.0.

Can anything be done internally, to change the eye to eye, like removing spacers ...

If not I will need to pick up another shock. Anyone want to sell me or trade me a 7.875 x 2.0 RP23. My 7.5 x 2.0 RP23 is in perfect condition.

thx
Jeff

·
Registered
255 Posts
Talk to PUSH. I know they said it can be modified to make it longer but im not sure which end gets longer i.e. shaft or the body?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
norcosam said:
I would have thought they put a longer shaft in to the original body keeping the same stroke length.This would leave a small amount of unused shaft when at full compression.
Indeed. But for that you need the canister and shaft to be those of the 7.875" as you will have less overlap between the canister and main shaft.

I don't have a Fox close to me, otherwise I'd take the measurements and post them.

Ask Push... or trade, bro.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Can it be adjusted from 7.5"x2.0" to a 7.5"x2.25"?
No. We do offer a kit that can convert 7.875" eye to eye shocks from 2.0" into 2.25" or 2.25" into 2.0". We also have the ability to adjust shocks from 7.5"x2.0" into the 7.5"x1.75" that's found on some Cannondale and Specialized applications.

Darren

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RP23 can be rebuilt

Just spoke with one of the suspension gurus we have up here in Vancouver, BC that does work on Fox equipment, who said he can fix up my RP23 for me.

I believe it will involve swaping the bottom of the RP23 for another with the suitable length. At the same time he is going to revalve the RP23 to better match the bike. It will cost a little cash but it will still be cheaper than trying to locate another RP23 buy it, ship it, sell the old one ...

The existing RP2 on the Reign has the highest comp setting of 3 bars and the middle rebound setting of 2 bars. The RP23 is currently set in the middle for comp with 2 bars and 1 or the rebound.

I think the RP23 setup with the highest comp setting will work well on the Reign. Use comp-3 setting for fire road climbs, comp 2 or 1 for tech climbs and general trail riding and comp off setting for bombing down.

Still not sure if I will have the rebound changed from 1 to 2, hope to get a couple of rides on the RP2 to see how the rebound feels and go from there.

Anyone have any experience as to the difference the rebound setting makes on the RP2 or RP23.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.