Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is some decent mountain biking up there, but I would bring the road rig, unless you have someone to show you around. The mountain biking can be tough to find, but you can do some great road rides up there just stepping out the door.

Also if you get a chance check out the Adirondack Museum while you're up there.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'd bring the road bike. There is some nice riding to be done near the high peaks/Lake Placid area. Mt.bikes pretty much are not allowed in most areas due to the "wilderness" designation.

Whiteface mt. is open for xc and downhilling though. Also, the road up Whiteface closes at 5pm? or so and can be a great climb (just bring a jacket as it gets cold at the top and descending)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you stop by the mountain I can give some local trail advice for mountain biking in the Lake Placid area. I would bring your mountain bike. I could give you directions to all local trails except the Loggers Loop.
The town of Wilmington N.Y. where Whiteface Mountain is located is in the Wilimington Wild Forest Area. Lots of excellent trail work has been done recently and from the Flume parking lot you can disappear on some great single-track for hours.
I have limited internet access these days so please stop by at Whiteface Mountain and I can give you the info there.
Sorry as I feel it my job to let all know about all trails up here. Be back online regularly soon.
DHM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.