Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me and some friends are coming up from Asheville, NC to Ontario to do a week or so of riding. On the way we want to spend a few days in the Adirondack Park area.

We don't know much about it, any advice on a few must do trails in the area? We'll probably have 2 days or so of riding there. We are all advanced XC riders that have been riding for over ten years each. That being said we haven't had much experience with the big downhill stuff, but are open to any ideas.

thanks!!

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went as far as Fishbrook pond last fall, but haven't done the whole loop in a couple years. It's generally a rocky ride on what feels like a stream bed at times, lots of fun though. You may get the stink eye from hikers, but it's bike legal as described. If you do the whole loop, make the detour to the top of Shelving Rock Mountain. It's worth it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whiteface Mt. is pretty good not only for the riding but also for the Olympic history, they also have put some new trails and DH stuff in for this year, it's definitely worth a day of riding (there’s a web site to look at I’ll try and look it up and get it to you ASAP). My suggestion is to ride all the XC trails and then try to ride to the top of little Whiteface. If you don't make it to the top you'll have a lot of great scenery to take in (there’s also more than enough camping areas in the general area to pitch a tent). When the day comes to an end Lake Placid is a great place to hang out, if you want great Mexican food go a little further to the west (about 15 minuets from Lake Placid) to Saranac and look a restaurant up called Casa del Sol you won't regret it. Keene Valley is also a great area to explore but unfortunately you’ve only got two days so I won’t go off on another tangent. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.