Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ADDITIONAL 10% OFF at Pricepoint!!!

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  loco-gringo 
#1 ·
#7 ·
westin said:
Thank you for giving me a link to a "sale" with prices much higher than not only eBay but other mailorder shops as well. Now you shut up... tag, you're it.
I disagree.

There's often more than one answer to a question, especially when talking about where to buy. I don't see how someone who wanted to help and shared the prices he found to be good deserves the blame you guys are putting on Chowjusky.

#8 · (Edited)
Megavolt and RTM thks for the support. Like you guys said I only wanted to post an e-mail that might help people out but, unfortunately, the mtbr nazis still seem to be in full force (btw Westin the fork does have Poploc along with a warranty unlike the 'deals' u 'saw' on e-bay - lol the auctions hadnt even finished!). It's like saying I saw a speed boat on ebay for $0 because the auction hadnt finished and the reserve wasnt met!

I will continue to try and help people out whenever I see a deal (no matter where it's from) and I have no problem being flamed by losers who have nothing better to do with their time except piss on other's parades with bad and poorly researched infromation.

#9 ·
I'd much rather buy stuff from an reputable online store like Price Point, Nashbar, Jensen.. etc then having to hunt for deals on ebay even if I pay a bit more.

Westin seems to be pushing ebay pretty hard with his posts lately. May or may not be true but it makes me feel like he is advertising his ebay store. Nothing wrong with that but don't bash people for sharing discounts that may be helpful to someone else.

If you have nothing nice to say, learn to just keep quiet.

Phil.

#10 ·
Sorry if I came over rude. I do appreciate it that you guys post sales, I just thought I'd give my opinion on this particular sale since I did not think there were any good deals to be had and thought my input might help people avoid buying something they think is a good deal (because it is called a "sale"), when it really isn't.

#11 ·
needcheap said:
Sorry if I came over rude. I do appreciate it that you guys post sales, I just thought I'd give my opinion on this particular sale since I did not think there were any good deals to be had and thought my input might help people avoid buying something they think is a good deal (because it is called a "sale"), when it really isn't.
I agree than most of what online stores call "deals" and "sales" are in fact hype and BS. However, all of us do find a way to save a pretty penny using these deals, sales and discounts, so why not let people chose.
:)

#12 ·
Chowjusky said:
Megavolt and RTM thks for the support. Like you guys said I only wanted to post an e-mail that might help people out but, unfortunately, the mtbr nazis still seem to be in full force (btw Westin the fork does have Poploc along with a warranty unlike the 'deals' u 'saw' on e-bay - lol the auctions hadnt even finished!). It's like saying I saw a speed boat on ebay for $0 because the auction hadnt finished and the reserve wasnt met!

I will continue to try and help people out whenever I see a deal (no matter where it's from) and I have no problem being flamed by losers who have nothing better to do with their time except piss on other's parades with bad and poorly researched infromation.
I apologize. Even though I do not have an eBay store (if I did don't you think I'd link it??), I'm sorry you missed out on finished eBay auctions for brand new 2005 Reba Teams such as http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36135&item=7193548557 or http://cgi.ebay.com/New-05-Rock-Shox-Reba-team-Air-W-Poploc-100mm-Shipped_W0QQitemZ7200042999 or.... there are so many more that make so called sales seem pathetic by comparison.

#13 ·
Prexus2005 said:
I'd much rather buy stuff from an reputable online store like Price Point, Nashbar, Jensen.. etc then having to hunt for deals on ebay even if I pay a bit more.

Westin seems to be pushing ebay pretty hard with his posts lately. May or may not be true but it makes me feel like he is advertising his ebay store. Nothing wrong with that but don't bash people for sharing discounts that may be helpful to someone else.

If you have nothing nice to say, learn to just keep quiet.

Phil.
My ebay store? I'm letting others know about ebay coupons that can be used for pretty much any item from any seller. Again. I apologize, and I'm sorry you're so sensitive. Hey, maybe you can use one of those ebay coupons for some Vagisil to sooth the pain and irritation of paying too much. Hurry, it expires 12/18.

#14 ·
Prexus2005 said:
I agree. This is why I wont buy off e-bay. What do you think Rock Shox will say if your bargain Reba bites the dust and you call up asking for it to be warrantied with them. What do you think they will say when they ask which store did you get it from and you reply I have a print out from paypal and I got it off e-bay? I have a pretty good feeling all you'll get is 'click' in response... Suddenly saving a couple of $$$ doesnt seem so appealing does it???

I done with this now - let's agree to disagree.

#15 ·
I buy a LOT of stuff on Ebay but there are things I will pay more for in order to get it from a reputable online store. That's just what I did with a Marathon XC and a Fox Vanilla.

Now this has me thinking of how much I've spent on Ebay this year. I'm not going there for 3 months, at least.

#16 ·
westin said:
Thank you for giving me a link to a "sale" with prices much higher than not only eBay but other mailorder shops as well. Now you shut up... tag, you're it.
this is hysterical...someone posting a link to a sale turns into an argument. if you like ebay start a thread on ebay. if you don't like pricepoint, start a thread on pricepoint. if you feel you can save money somewhere else, don't buy anything. who are you, the comparison shopping police?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.