Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mountain biking for 18 months and have become completely addicted, is this normal :D I seem to spend every spare moment I have either riding or working on my bikes, my wife is very understanding, to help I've bought my two girls and my wife a bike so now family time is usually biking :D

I'm really lucky my wife has booked us a mountain biking holiday in the French Alps, Morzine , can't wait

:)

I've lived in my village for 15 years and never made one friend, then I took up mountain biking now I have a whole gang of friends, the community of bikers is fantastic and really helpfull :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im 15, bike everyday to school and back. do homework, go out on local trails till dark. come back, clean my bike. sleep. than do it all again. out of all of my hobbies, mountain biking is my favorite. The day i get my car in 2 years, going to drive all the way up to Diablo.

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
It's a great addiction.
I wake up everyday and ride my MTB to work where I am a bike mechanic. I work on bikes all day. I ride home from work on my bike and usually spend time here at MTBR and or working on my bikes. At night I dream of riding bikes. On my days off I usually go ride my bike, but every once in a while I am burnt out and just sit there and fall asleep on the couch.....and most likely have dreams of riding my bike.......= )

·
Card-carrying wotmeister
853 Posts
Looks like I'm falling into the chasm of addiction as well.

Today, I've ridden my bike like ten times because I'm sitting here on MTBR and think "screw this, I need to bike!"
Five minutes later, after riding around for a while I realize it's like 100 degrees and go back inside.

Repeat. :D

Anyway, I'm nowhere near as good as you guys. Becoming a nerd in the past two years hasn't helped me any. I forgot everything I learned, almost.

But I still go out and ride....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im addicted to biking bad.... i'm 15 and all the spare time i have is invested in mountain biking, if i'm not riding or cleaning my bike i'm sleeping... i ride day and night up until last night when i was "out to late" and know all my bikes have been takin away for a week(punching wall) ... being addicted is normal

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
i'm certainly addicted to it since getting my first dual susp bike ('08 HiFi Deluxe) 5 or so weeks ago... already upgraded some parts (bars, stem, grips, shifters waiting to be installed, headset and rear cassette are next... it's a disease i tell you!! ;) ) ... i ride any chance I get (weekends, weekdays, dry, wet, doesn't matter...) ... Big problem is right now, my body can't keep up :( ... my cardio and endurance aren't up yet to where I want/need them to be... but the more I ride, the easier it gets... :D

cheers

·
Registered
457 Posts
when i am not riding, all i can think about is riding ... when i am riding .. all i can think about is getting better at it ...

and when i am at work ... i sleep, and dream about riding ... hah!

it's an addiction yes ... but a good one.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
It's an addiction that costs me thousands of dollars every year. It's worth it though I think.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I feel ya....I just got back home after a couple of weeks out of the country sans bike. I was walking to the office every morning jealous of the urban riders blasting by me all the time (Panama City, Panama).

I'm back now, & the wife is hanging out with visiting family so I've been wheelie-ing around the neighborhood like a 10 year old all evening. I love bikes.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Check the title under my name. Biking is my favorite thing to do, talk about, read about, etc, etc, etc...

Can't wait to ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
182 Posts
My recent life has been a path of studying for classes and biking in every spare moment I have. In a month, i've gotten a good hold on wheelies (can hit up 1 min long ones if i focus, decent for me :p) and im no longer afraid to release those breaks on my local trail corners.

Something about this sport clicks for me, as I'm a nature lover and used to be a passionate hiker (14-15), but this sport is absolutely amazing.

Keep on ridin man.

·
I heart bikes!
204 Posts
Addicted as well...I brought up this point to some of my riding buddies (and girlfreind who doesnt quite understand) that if everyone would get into mountain biking there would be no need for drugs, phsycologist, various phycological drugs...There would be no depression and no fat people...Riding is pure bliss for me, without it what the heck would i do, what would i think about, life as i know it would not excist...so if your ever down and out hop on your bike and rip up some nice singletrack...aint nothin better!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess I should join this MTB addicts session. I too, am addicted to this fine sport. I have been riding for about 9 months and think about it constantly...to the point that I am posting this up while at work ;) .

For me, its not just about the riding, its about the great people I've been meeting and also becoming more active it volunteering to help out my local mtb community and the great parks I ride in. I spent much of my childhood hiking and camping, but lost alot of that when I went to college in the city. Now I feel I'm back to where I should be.

It pains me when I hear people criticize riders for destroying trails, when in actuallity many riders spend a lot of time working to fix and improve the parks and trails they ride in. It is a great sport with a community that does great things.

I'd rather join this addict meeting than sit at my local AA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.