Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to transport two bikes using my RSX, right now I'm just jamming them in the back and this works but it will get old and begin to damage the bikes and car.

Has anyone ever used an RSX for bike transport? If so, what kind of setup did you use?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trapspeed said:
Eh, I didn't see your thread and just made the same post. I, too am looking for answers!
I still don't have a complete answer but I know there is a roof rack out there, a little pricey. Our best bet is hitch bike rack, a little cheaper and it shouldn't damage the car or paint.

More help would be appreciated

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
I have a RSX. I bolted on a 1 1/4" receiver hitch to the bottom of my car. It ran about $90-.
My wife has a Subaru with the same size hitch. I went out and to a Saris Cycle-On two bike rack and move it back and forth between the two all the time. Works great! Total investment is probably around $450-.

You don't want to run a trunk rack on the RSX due to the glass top edge. The hooks would most likely crack the glass. A roof rack would limit the height that you could raise your hatch to get your gear out. The Hitch rack allows me to fully open my hatch and folds up flat when not in use.

Best o luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMJ said:
I have a RSX. I bolted on a 1 1/4" receiver hitch to the bottom of my car. It ran about $90-.
My wife has a Subaru with the same size hitch. I went out and to a Saris Cycle-On two bike rack and move it back and forth between the two all the time. Works great! Total investment is probably around $450-.

You don't want to run a trunk rack on the RSX due to the glass top edge. The hooks would most likely crack the glass. A roof rack would limit the height that you could raise your hatch to get your gear out. The Hitch rack allows me to fully open my hatch and folds up flat when not in use.

Best o luck!
Thanks so much, that's exactly the advice I was looking for!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine was using a Yakima roof rack on his '02 RSX-S. It worked well ... although the sunroof could not be opened while the rack was installed. There was enough clearance to open the hatch. Paint can be an issue, but as long as you take the rack off occasionally and clean well it should be ok. He used his for about two years before selling the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.