Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
About a pound or two more than it's 1x1 counterpart.
My wife's rigid 1x1 size 17" weighs about 23lbs...with pretty basic components save for the carbon bars.
I'd guess about 24-25lbs for a basic rigid KM build. Some nice components could get you a little less. Ask Donkey, he's got two...

Gordo said:
What can I expect an 18in. KM single speed (complete bike) to weigh? Thanks!

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
....Claimed weight is 5.73 for the frame. I think that may be a little low.

My complete SS with discs weighed about 24.

It rides really nice, and it doesn't ride like a heavy bike in the least.

B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
donkey said:
....Claimed weight is 5.73 for the frame. I think that may be a little low.

My complete SS with discs weighed about 24.

It rides really nice, and it doesn't ride like a heavy bike in the least.

B
Thanks for the info. My local bike shop has one on order for me. Not that weight is everything, because I'm buying one regardless of weight, but I was curious. Anyway, 24lbs. aint too heavy. Mine will have v-brakes, so the weight could even be less. Thanks again.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
When I had mine it was right at 26 lbs.... but I didn;t have the lightest stuff I could find either... Raceface Prodigy cranks (with bash ring), stem, post, Alex Rims/Xt Disc hubs, Avid Disc Brakes, WTB wire bead tires, etc... SO i bet you will be pleasantly suprised with the weight.

Hope that helps
FF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fast Freddy said:
When I had mine it was right at 26 lbs.... but I didn;t have the lightest stuff I could find either... Raceface Prodigy cranks (with bash ring), stem, post, Alex Rims/Xt Disc hubs, Avid Disc Brakes, WTB wire bead tires, etc... SO i bet you will be pleasantly suprised with the weight.

Hope that helps
FF
Thanks! Again, I was curious. I've read so much about how obnoxiously heavy the km is. To me, an atb around 23-25 is just fine. Over 30lbs. is heavy. I suppose many could get a ti or aluminum ss under 20lbs easy. As I mentioned in my first post, I've ordered a km ss. I've never ridden or seen one up close, but I know it will be a great bike.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My Large KM

weighed 24.1 lbs set up as a 1x8 with disc brakes. I have no idea what it weighs now as I have changed a few parts around, but with the KM fork and SS, I am sure it is down in the 23ish range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.