Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my boss is putting together a team building excursion with some of our team mates from Texas and New Orleans who are going to be in town. We're all going to go ski/board and he asked me to find the cheapest tickets.

I have the 5 mountain pass, so I don't usually look for cheap tickets. I have 6 discounted I can use with my pass, but I'll need more.

Do any of you folks know where to get some cheap tickets for:

Keystone
Breckenridge
Copper

That's the list my co-workers have narrowed it down to. All these "hard core" riders I work with don't want to "waste" a day at Vail with our counterparts from the south, so that's out despite my pointing out they don't ride enough anyway, that wasn't taken too well despite it presented in an honest assessment.

Thanks folks, I know I can count on mountain bikers to help me find ski discounts:thumbsup:

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm Texans and other southerners comin to ski

I hear Eldora has some good deals and the terrain is exceptional :winker:

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WKD-RDR said:
Hmmmmmmmm Texans and other southerners comin to ski

I hear Eldora has some good deals and the terrain is exceptional :winker:
Yeah, I know...Texans. I'm the a$$hole who's going to be leading a crew of gapers up I-70. But on a positive note, my boss is really cool and he's letting everyone take Friday off for this.

I know King Soopers sells tickets, but is there anyone else?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check the eBook and the Entertainment coupon books. There are plenty of those laying around with lift ticket coupons in them.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input folks. Craig's list is full of people looking for tickets, and King Soopers only offers a few bucks off. But the gas deal for 2 for 1 are a good place to start, I'll have my co-workers here all collect them, so we're going to hit Copper.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
I finally got the texas sux beer bottle.
PM me, and we can make arrangements to get it to you!
Too bad I didn't have it Thursday, and you could have taken it to show it to the Texans you went skiing with!

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We went last Friday, we went to Keystone and used some discount tickets off our season passes, I convinced my co-workers to cough up a few discounted tickets so we were all set.

I borrowed a pair of snowboard pants out and the guy took them back to Texas, he's going to mail them too me! I told him to just leave them at my desk at work (on the way back to the airport from Summit County) but he's going to ship them to me instead. Texans are weird.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SkaredShtles said:
You went to Keystone?

:D
That was the consensus because nobody wanted to go to Vail:mad:

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
jasonb said:
What's a green pass?
"What's a ZJ?"
"If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pay full price

All Texans are required by state law to pay full price for all ski lift tickets.

That way we can go to any local King Soopers or Safeway store and purchase discount tickets and ski on the Colorado native lifts as well as park for free in the closest lot on the resort.
By the Texans paying full price we get the discounted meal prices as well.

I am the guy eating a partially frozen PB&J at the mid mountain cafe and drinking water.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts