Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Professional Crastinator
6,355 Posts
All of these are from the Michaux SF in PA, but this pic is my fave. The line crosses that log.

When you get to this point...

...this is what you see (sans the guy with the "What th'?" expression). There is, in fact, a ride-able line there. It looks bad, but with the right speed, some strategic ratchet pedals, a couple wheel hops, and maybe a chipped tooth on your big ring, it's ride-able.

Does anyone have pix from Moraine SP?

-F

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Where are these? The Sierra?
First and last pics are Hole In The Ground trail right out of Truckee, CA
Second one is Salmon Falls trail in El Dorado Hills, CA
Third/Fourth are from Folsom State Rec Area (granite bay trails) in Granite Bay, CA
Fifth is Donner Lake Rim Trail, which starts in Truckee and hooks you up to Hole In The Ground

·
Administrator
11,608 Posts
This is a great thread. Wish I wasn't the only one on a rigid on my rides but also the only one to take pictures. I have almost no pictures of me riding my bike on the trails, just people on their bouncy bikes that i ride ahead of, take pictures then follow down.

Hope the rest of you can make my day here!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
First and last pics are Hole In The Ground trail right out of Truckee, CA
Second one is Salmon Falls trail in El Dorado Hills, CA
Third/Fourth are from Folsom State Rec Area (granite bay trails) in Granite Bay, CA
Fifth is Donner Lake Rim Trail, which starts in Truckee and hooks you up to Hole In The Ground
Funny, I thought HITG as soon as I saw that first pic. Can't imagine riding some of that trail on a rigid though...props!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Shout Out to Blue Mountain Reservation!

Reposting these...

a pic of me in the air on my Vicious at Blue Mtn in Peekskill, NY...

and this one on my new (to me) singlespeed at graham Hills in Pleasantville, NY...

SPP
I used to run high school cross country races at Blue Mountain Reservation and I rode bikes there in the early 90's when rigid was all there was.

I have not lived there in 19 years. Are you native to the area?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I used to run high school cross country races at Blue Mountain Reservation and I rode bikes there in the early 90's when rigid was all there was.

I have not lived there in 19 years. Are you native to the area?
Yeah...grew up in Westchester, live in Yorktown, and ride, ride, RIDE all I can:)

Just rode Blue yesterday, mostly ride at Graham Hills...

SPP

·
transmitter~receiver
9,332 Posts
Hard to get action pics when you're riding solo...
hear's my weak azz contribution... best i got :blush:
Flat Rock Ranch, Comfort, Texas

Pace Bend in Austin is pretty rocky... though not in this shot:

Lots of stuff like this:

and this:

1 - 20 of 331 Posts