Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ACM2006 - A spray of mud

Good to see everyone, make new friends and enemies :)
din't see a post yet, so started my own

Getting ready

Some Portlanders, Angela, Ryan, and Tim

Getting their picture taken...

more...

· Premium Member
48,161 Posts
Thanks, Bob. Please post more if you have 'em.

I took only jumpy, sometimes really dark video which I need to (learn to) edit. Some of it is pretty fun. Sure flattens everything, though.

· Tree Hugger
2,938 Posts
Here's a few teasers for now. I'll try to post more tonight.

I had a great time yesterday, and met lotsa cool folks. 60 riders came out, and everyone went home satisifed. It was fun to show off our trails, and I must say, most of them were in pretty great shape. We've put forth lotsa hard work on those trails, and it paid off, with extra miles, and better conditions. There was a little mud, but not too bad. We even got lucky with the weather, and didnt see any rain until we were done riding. It was truly the best ride of the summer. ;)
It was also great to see so many different DOD people, new and old, come together to pull the day off with out a hitch. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

· gave up SS in 1975
74 Posts
Thanks again for the great ride. Seems wierd to put these photos on the SS side but Meatfoot would smile on the endevor. Now let's see if I can make the photo side work. Round one it seems. Guess I can't hog server space with photos...

Attachments

· Tree Hugger
2,938 Posts
Here's some more pictures

The supersecret gravel pile

SSConny riding Barbie

She's into bondage

Randy Blue. He had the biggest camera, and looked like he knew what he was doing, so I'm looking forward to seeing a few of his shots.

Wreckless and TomL ready to ride

Sparticus reads the liability disclaimer, and announces that he's the best rider in all of Oregon.

the crowd looks skeptical

group shot before the ride

The mid ride snack wagon, serving salty sweets and hoppy treats

Boyd rolls up to the snack wagon

Eugene, from WIllamette Mountain Mercantile, rolls in for a snack

Randy gets a little assistance from "Pepe, his little mule"

· Tree Hugger
2,938 Posts
Sparty's here, now the party can get started!

Boyd just told Abe that he's pregnant

Meatfoot enjoys a banana, and Anthony enjoys a beer

Bob is crazy about proper nutrition

Sparticus leads a group into the intestinal tract

Shiggy practicing his "model" face

Cazloco rides it rigid

Eugene seranades Shuman with an Operetta while riding the trail

Lauri leads Lemurian Guy

Obviously, Wreckless would rather be at home, knitting or reading a romance novel

· Tree Hugger
2,938 Posts
Lswing back on the bike even though his knee throbs with pain with each revolution of the pedals.

Brandon back in the Pacific Northwet

beer colored glasses

Albee on his fifth lap

Davey Sprocket, King of the Wild Frontire

Zack is faster than the speed of light

And now, back to a spontaneous gathering of freaks

Chris laughs to himself, knowing all the chicks are impressed that his clothes match the canopies

RedHaze and PinsNeedles stare at Chris in awe

ImaKlyde and HankHank, kings of the snack wagon

Shiggy and his new sponsor, Pepsi Extreme "so much caffeine, you need to wear a helmet"

Dirty little Barbie

Well, our luck finally came to an end, and when we got back to our cars, the rain started. We crowded under the canopies, while Sparty and the General gave away bike booty.

Milt looks a little too happy. What's he drinking?

Anxiously awaiting their turn to win some classic bike componentry

Sparty, General Coonskins, and Justin administer the raffle under the intense scrutiny of the State Attorney's office

Lou plays Production Assistant for Randy

That's all folks, see ya again next weekend at the ACM2 part Deaux. ;) ;) ;)

· -_-
4,736 Posts
Thanks again for the great ride. Seems wierd to put these photos on the SS side but M

Thanks again for the great ride. Seems wierd to put these photos on the SS side but Meatfoot would smile on the endevor. Now let's see if I can make the photo side work. Round one it seems. Guess I can't hog server space with photos...
Nobody in here will fault you for associating with "gearies". Great pics guys! Wish I could've gone. HMMMM...Next Year's less than 365 days away.

Obi...

· Registered
169 Posts
great pics guys!! Really great to see so many folks out at this gathering.

I think the majority of us had an excellent time. The Whypass trail system has come a long way for the ACM! It was great meeting some new folks from around the area. Look forward to riding with you all at Barbie Camp, and if you're heading down to the goods,(Oakridge) let me know and we'll ride.

cheers-
SSconny
(Damien)

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Hammerheads are us

I wanted to give who ever wanted it a complete tour of Whypass, so I lead the so called Hammer Head ride. Basically we did everything in the complex and had a lot of fun during the day. 15 riders in total. Enjoy the pictures.

1st set, Buttslide, 1st ever succesfull attempt at making it down goes to Eugene, but i didn't have the camera ready yet, so I got Anthony trying to make it harder. This is a good 45 degree downhill, about 300 yards long, with rut's and plenty of mud.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.