Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
48,161 Posts
Fat Bob said:
Wow, great looking pix, I'm amazed at the fact that you guys seem to have no trouble on wet logs with mud packed tires. Good stuff!
It was not very wet. Had not rained in a week, only a few puddles. The log rides were "dry"--not too slimey, and the mud fluffy but grippy if you could cut through it.

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,141 Posts
Where's more photos? I gifted my digicam to my daughter last week so I don't own a camera no mo'... therefore didn't take any pics at The Meat.

C'mon photographers... we know yer out there! Don't be shy -- git 'em up here!

--Sparty

· Making fat cool since '71
1,838 Posts
Yep

shiggy said:
It was not very wet. Had not rained in a week, only a few puddles. The log rides were "dry"--not too slimey, and the mud fluffy but grippy if you could cut through it.
Even though the logs were pretty dry it didn't stop me from falling off the 300 footer the first time. I've cleaned it plenty of times, but I don't think I've ever made it the first time each day...what's up with that?

Good times, good rides!

Thanks to whoever the hell gave me that cleat screw. Since you don't drink, can I get Davey to give you a lapdance?

Brock...

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks to those who took pics. I didn't get my camera out all day. Good memory stimulus.

I went out there today with General Coonskins, MtnLre, and 2Morrow and we saw three guys on motos that were out tearing it up. They roared off when Coonskins tried to talk to them. Guilty conscience perhaps? They weren't kind to the trails.

Flaps

· Registered
6 Posts
a few more pics

Thanks to DOD for the time and effort to make it a great place to ride.

The breakfast location near downtown Lorane.

the gravel parking area is about halfway filled when this was taken

time to gather then break up into groups to head out

nearing the top of the first ridge line that was in the freezing fog

the last rest break get together before the food and beer

I'm a sorry guy because I had to leave at this time, at least I was able to ride here today, thanks again DOD. Bill

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,141 Posts
Mudflaps said:
Thanks to those who took pics. I didn't get my camera out all day. Good memory stimulus.

I went out there today with General Coonskins, MtnLre, and 2Morrow and we saw three guys on motos that were out tearing it up. They roared off when Coonskins tried to talk to them. Guilty conscience perhaps? They weren't kind to the trails.

Flaps
Did you guys get plate numbers of their haulers?

--Sparty

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,141 Posts
ratspike said:
I did a pretty piss poor job as a photographer 'cuz I was too busy having fun...plus it's hard to take photos of anyone when you're always at the back of the group. :)
The whole set is here.
Hey Bob, nice pictures. I'm sorry I didn't seek you out to say hello... I'd planned to do so but then the day unfolded and it just never happened. I knew you were going to be there cuz you'd said so elsewhere on this forum previously.

Actually, following the ACM event I realized that I didn't even introduce myself to the crowd once I started babbling atop that gravel pile... so how could I expect you or anyone else to introduce themselves (to someone you didn't even know)...?

Whatever. Next year we might do name tags for MTBR peeps. You know, like, "Hello, I'm AKA __________ on MTBR"

Ha ha. Yeah, right.

--Sparty
AKA Davey Sprockett
AKA another face in the crowd

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Group shot at the snack station. Only a couple of the groups had made it in at this point and others had taken off to ride a short loop. Where else can you be riding along some good trail, pop out of the woods and find food, heat, and drinks?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.